The school commonly includes International Students among the student body. With no English as an Additional Language (EAL) course available, students need to come with some workability in English to enjoy success. Our Student Services department offers daily support with assignments and assessment preparation. We also encourage international students to be involved in a home-stay as living with a Canadian family will help ease the transition between cultures and will provide a supportive environment for personal concerns that arise out of the school situation. The school can assist in securing suitable home-stays.
Entrance requirements and program of studies
International students are required to complete at least six Manitoba credits at the high school level. Two of these credits must be the English Language Arts 40S and Active Healthy Lifestyles (Phys. Ed.) courses in their Grade 12 year. Report cards will be sent to both guardians and parents.
The courses offered consist of basic subjects required for University Entrance, plus a few options. All students are required to complete the compulsory credits (courses) at each level of study. The remainder of the credits may be chosen from the options available. One Christian Studies credit must be completed during each year of attendance.
The final list of required courses will be worked out upon arrival, but in all cases they must meet Manitoba Education requirements for graduation.
Fees and Acceptance
Application Fee: $50.00
Tuition Fee: See Tuition information
Any individual requesting additional funds for processing is NOT acting on behalf of, or in the interests of, the school.
Please send all correspondence directly to the school:
Westgate Mennonite Collegiate
86 West Gate
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2E1
- Complete the application form, answering ALL questions.
- Acquire one letter of reference from the last school attended and an official transcript of marks.
- Enclose the $50.00 application fee. This fee is not refundable.
- Mail or e-mail all materials to Westgate:
- Application form
- Official transcript
- One reference
- Application fee ($50.00)
- Upon evaluation of your application, you will receive a letter/e-mail stating whether or not you are eligible for acceptance.
- If you receive a letter/e-mail stating you are eligible, mail a cheque or e-transfer for the full amount of tuition to the school. A letter of acceptance will then be sent to you by mail. Students will be accepted for a minimum of one full year, beginning in the fall term.
- A full tuition refund will be made only if the Canadian High Commission notifies us that you are not eligible for a student visa.
- When you arrive in Winnipeg, contact the school (204-775-7111) and make arrangements to meet with school administration.